With their highly flexible and conformable bristles, these 3M discs can be used for a wide variety of cleaning and finishing needs. They can get into small grooves and fine details with ease and can be used on most metals. Since the abrasive is integrated into the bristles, no compounds or chemicals are needed. 3M discs are mounted in screw-top mandrels singly or in multiples. Max speed is 30000 rpm.
- Grade - Color - Application
- 36 grit - Brown - Heavy cleaning and scale removal
- 50 grit - Green - Heavy cleaning and fire scale removal
- 80 grit - Yellow - Fire scale removal
- 120 grit - White - Light cleaning and oxide removal
- 220 grit - Red - Light cleaning and oxide removal
- 400 grit - Blue - Blending and semi-finishing
- Pumice - Pink - Semi-finishing and pre-polishing
- 6 micron - Peach - Polishing
- 1 micron - Light Green - Polishing
For use with Miniature Screw Mandrels (see related products below). Note: 1" discs have larger 1/8" mounting holes for use with 1/8" screw mandrels.